Skip to main content

Technical Copywriting

Technical Writers go by many names: Technical Communicator; Technical Content Creator; Technical Copywriter; Hey You Over There. Alongside my work producing user guides and how-to content for private clients, I wrote for their blogs to help improve their online presence.


FedEx Digital Infinite Beta blog - 2017
I worked with FedEx Digital as a Technical Copywriter (more info on my LinkedIn Profile) and produced sassy content for their Infinite Beta blog. The tone here is informal and personable, the aim being to show some personality and attract future team members to the company.


3di Technical Communications - 2014 to 2016
I worked with 3di as a Technical Writer (more info on my LinkedIn Profile) and produced marketing content for their blog. These articles are now attributed to someone else, which is a bit cheeky.


Quill - Global Content Creators - 2014
SEO Copywriting for online platforms. Editorial blog posts, brand descriptors, Careers outlines and holiday destination guides written to house style and with keywords implemented as per the brief.


The way we talk about products, experiences and workplaces can have a huge impact- if you need help with any word-wrangling tasks, please drop me an email.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Data Science

I am starting to dip my toe into the world of Data Science. I am teaching myself Python and SQL, and following a Masters course in Data Science at the Technical University of Dublin. Below are sample projects I have produced for job interviews etc. Brooklyn motor vehicle collisions case study An investigation of motor vehicle collisions in Brooklyn 2014-2017. Aim is to reduce vehicle collisions and deaths. Executive summary 190,981 motor vehicle collisions in Brooklyn in 2014-2017 207 resulted in deaths Driver Inattention is biggest factor in motor vehicle collisions Involved in 55,971 collisions Complex intersections on Atlantic Avenue and zip code 11207 are more dangerous areas Accidents are more frequent around typical rush hours 8am and 4pm Monday to Friday Approach taken Data filtered by date (2014-2017) and borough (Brooklyn) Using SQL from open-source NYPD database of collisions Deaths: Data filtered by factors (no NULL and no Unspecified) If ...

Cultural Journalism

I lived in Edinburgh for 6 years, and spent every summer attending the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. When the biggest performing arts festival in the world lands on your doorstep, you have to go out and see what's happening. I started out as a roaming reviewer, then progressed to editor and features writer for multiple publications. Through this work I started up a great relationship with The Skinny and Fest, which continues to this day . Fest  - August 2019 Interviews with Magical Bones and Isma Almas . The Skinny  - 2011 to present Comedy reviews, previews, interviews, and the odd foray into Tech and Magic in one of Scotland's best and most widely-read cultural magazines. Interviews:  David Baddiel ,  Derren Brown ,  Sara Pascoe ,  Sofie Hagen Edinburgh Magic Festival Apps and books Many more Broadway Baby  - Comedy editor, August 2013 I scheduled shows for a team of 100 reviewers, edited their pieces in the safety of the office, then broke ...

Edinburgh Fringe 2019

I am currently conducting a long-distance love affair with the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. It's tough going, but it's worth it to keep our relationship alive. This year my work was shortlisted for the Allen Wright Award for journalism at the Fringe. I spoke to three performers about their shows for publication in The Skinny and her sister magazine Fest: Sophie Duker The Skinny July 2019 Duker runs a monthly comedy night in London, and is taking her debut full-length show to the Fringe. We spoke about 'wokeness', being a token, and the creative process. Magical Bones Fest July 2019 Bones is a professional dancer-turned-magician, who combines his passions in a unique magical style. We spoke about history, race and what magic really is. Isma Almas Fest August 2019 Almas' show about adoption started making waves in Edinburgh, so my editor asked me to speak with her on a 48-hour deadline. We had a lovely chat, I learned a lot about the adoption process, and we made...